Welcome to L@S GANAS!
The word “ganas” in Spanish means “motivation sufficient to act.” Here at L@S GANAS, we strive to support Latinx students in STEM with a great amount of “ganas”, desire, will and effort no matter where the student comes from or where they are going. Because we want the experience of students at UIC to be empowering and rewarding from day one, we offer specific services at different moments of students’ college career. Check out how you can be part of L@S GANAS:
COVID-19 & Corona Virus Schedule
Due to UIC’s response to the COVID-19 and Corona Virus the L@s GANAS office is currently closed to in person meetings. Staff members are available via email, video conference, and phone.
Adrian M. Villarreal
- Students can schedule meetings via Calendly: https://calendly.com/avilla29
- Students can schedule meetings via Calendly:https://calendly.com/ssilva27/virtual-one-on-one-sophia
- Students can schedule meetings via Calendly: https://calendly.com/pchave7/meetwithpaola
Mentoring con GANAS
- Please check your email for invitations to meet with your mentoring coordinator.
- Fellows can schedule a video call with Veronica by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In an effort to make it easier to keep track of what L@s GANAS is offering, we created a Google calendar you can subscribe to. You still need to RSVP to get all the Zoom links!
Slack Hang Out
- Since we can’t hang out in the Quad or the library, we created a Slack workspace. This is about community. Harassment will not be tolerated. Be nice to each other. Use this to hang out in, connect with other students, and find a study group.